Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Women's Minsitry


As the weather turns to fall here in Germany I start to think. I am always thinking I guess, but the gray rainy weather has really got me thinking and then this morning after talking with several women on IM I had a thought. Well the thought actually came to me while I was loading laundry in the dryer. I was thinking about as I have grown in my Christian walk I wanted a ministry. You know, I always felt ministry was out there in maybe a class or some sort of Christian group. Then as I have grown I realized ministry can be one on one or something you say to encourage another person. It really hit me this morning as I said good night to several women back in the states. I had shared Christ in one way or another with them and shared in their lives. This is what Jesus did and does for us. Jesus was never big or flashy, he just came along side people - took them as they were and ministered to their hearts through words and actions. So, I encourage you, if you are feeling down or like you do not do much, look toward the woman that is your neighbor or whom you see at the grocery store - women like these can be your ministry with a simple smile or a kind word, remember just do what Jesus did.

Blessings,
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. :-o) I appreciate everything you share with me.

    ReplyDelete